Boys HS Varsity Lacrosse Coach
by Diana Dzmura
(Huntington Beach, CA, USA)
Huntington Beach High School is seeking a committed and experienced Varsity head coach. HBHS is looking for applicants with considerable knowledge and experience playing and coaching boys’/men’s lacrosse. The successful candidate will possess excellent instruction and motivational skills, a commitment to developing players, and strong leadership ability. This is a non-teaching position.
The head coach is responsible for all aspects of the program (beginning in the fall, 2015) including practice planning, game scheduling, implementation of game strategies, team management during practices, scrimmages and games, and awards nominations.
• Plan and oversee all varsity team practices and games.
• Serve as a positive role model while effectively motivating and developing high school players of varying levels of ability and experience.
• Lead, train, and supervise varsity assistant coaches and other coaching staff to build a consistent program across all teams.
• Communicate, implement and enforce student and player code of conduct and academic rules in conjunction with the Athletic Director.
• Be familiar with and comply with league rules and maintain positive working relationships with the league.
• Develop, plan and manage off-season playing and skills development opportunities such as camps, leagues, and tournaments.
• Develop relationships with youth programs to facilitate clinics and camps to further lacrosse education and enjoyment in our community.
• Support and assist players wishing to play lacrosse post-graduation.
• Lacrosse playing experience (NCAA, MCLA, High School)
• Previous coaching experience desired
• Should possess effective leadership, strong communication skills, high lacrosse IQ knowledgeable coaching and organizational skills.
Salary: Competitive. Appointment: Part-Time, 12 months.
• Available: Immediately
All candidates must be committed to the education and advancement of young men in the program not only as athletes, but as students and young men. Interested candidates, please submit resume.
Contact:Melissa VandenBosch HBHS Athletic Director email@example.com