by Coach Wamer
How to setup the drill
Purpose: To develop offensive decision making and movement skills
Number of Players: 10 (2 goalies, 4 defenders, 4 offensive players)
Equipment: 4 cones, 10 practice jerseys (2 colors) and 1 ball
Skill Level: Intermediate - Advanced
1) Create a 20-by-40 yard grid.
2) Two teams of four players are inside the grid, and two goalies are outside the grid at opposite
ends of the field.
3) The object is to move the ball from one end to the other by passing the ball inside the grid.
4) Play begins with one goalie passing to one team.
5) This team works to move the ball from the first goalie to goalie at the other end.
6) If possession is lost, the defending team passes to their goalie and play begins the other
7) Play is continuous.
Offensive players inside the grid should maintain a diamond shape. Players should stay wide and
maintain depth, stretching the space the defenders must cover. Focus on diagonal and lateral
movement to open up spaces and create opportunities to move the ball forward. Defensive
players should prevent penetration and should be in a position to help each other if one defender
For more helpful lacrosse drills visit my site at: www.lacrosse-drills.com
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share Your Lacrosse Drill.
This site is Powered by: